In this policy we explain how and why Tradiecore collects your personal information, the kinds of personal information we collect, how we use it, and what controls you have over our use of it. Tradiecore is committed to complying with Commonwealth legislation governing privacy of personal information by businesses and to protecting and safeguarding your privacy when you deal with us.
We encourage all Tradiecore users and customers to refer to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner's website at www.oaic.gov.au which contains important information about privacy laws in Australia.
The kinds of personal information we collect and hold
The kinds of personal information we may collect from you and hold may include:
- identity information such as your name, age or date of birth, contact details (including address, email address, phone number or mobile phone number), occupation, licence information, driver’s licence or passport number, usernames or passwords; and
- financial details such as your bank account details or credit card information
- You might also need to provide personal information about other individuals to us (e.g information relating to your customers). If so, we rely on you to have informed those individuals that you are giving their personal information to us and to have advised them that we will be treating that information in accordance with this policy.
Without these details we may not be able to carry on our business and provide you with the products or services you require or the level of services which we aim to offer.
How we collect and hold your personal information
We may also obtain your personal information from our affiliates or advertising partners, clients, contractors, customers and other third parties such as survey or competition websites, marketing websites, any other websites accessible via our website that we consider helps us to deliver or advertise our services, understand online activity and collect information that we consider important to managing the quality or content of the services that we deliver.
Once we have collected your personal information, we may hold it electronically or in paper files.
Why we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- To perform and manage our business functions or activities, including providing our products or services to you;
- to manage invoicing and payment systems and services;
- to manage our relationship with you as a user or customer;
- to manage risks and identify or investigate illegal activities or activities in breach of our terms and conditions, including by verifying your identity, ABN and/or your professional licences;
- to review, process and assess your applications;
- to market and advertise our services and the services of other entities with whom we have relationships, including entities that market and promote goods and services unrelated to those which we market and promote, and for the operation of the businesses of third parties including the supply of products or services by those third parties;
- to assist you provide quotes, invoices and/or services to your customers
- to research, design, develop, manage, provide and improve our products and services;
- to contact you;
- to comply with laws and assist government, licensing or law enforcement agencies; and
- to undertake acts or practices related to the matters described above.
- We may also collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for other reasons where the law allows or requires us to do so.
We retain the right to use or disclose personal information about you that is required in the provision of information about or the promotion or delivery of Tradiecore services (including by way of direct marketing through mail, telephone, email, SMS and MMS messages and any other electronic means) to our users and customers, such as newsletters, promotional materials or direct marketing campaigns relevant to the products and services that we offer. If you no longer wish to receive our direct marketing emails or SMS and MMS messages, please follow the Unsubscribe link or statement located in all emails or SMS and MMS messages that we send to you, or let us know by using the details provided in the section titled "Contacting us" below.
Who we disclose your personal information to
Your information may be disclosed to persons within Tradiecore or any of its related bodies corporate for the purposes noted in the ‘Why we collect hold, use and disclose your personal information” section above.
We may also disclose your personal information to people or organisations outside of Tradiecore for the purposes noted in the ‘Why we collect hold, use and disclose your personal information” section above and to other parties and for other purposes as specified below:
This may include:
- organisations who manage some of our business activities and functions, including call centre services, marketing, corporate administration and corporate strategies;
- service providers, including share registry service providers, IT service providers and sponsors and/or promoters;
- organisations with whom Tradiecore or any of its related bodies corporate has a business relationship (e.g. partners, joint venture entities, agents, contractors or external service providers) for the operation of their businesses;
- third party payment processing providers or debt recovery agencies in connection with billing or payment for the provision of services to Tradiecore users or customers;
- the police or other relevant authorities, licensing or enforcement bodies;
- government and regulatory authorities or organisations (such as ASX or ASIC) or as otherwise required or authorised by law;
- internet service providers or network administrators, including, if we have reason to suspect you have committed a breach of our terms and conditions or have otherwise been engaged in any unlawful activity and we reasonably believe such disclosure is necessary.
Transfer of personal information overseas
In order to provide you with the best products and services possible, we may transfer or disclose personal information we have collected about you to a person or organisation in a foreign country including:
- to our service providers located in the Philippines or China
- to service providers who store data or operate outside Australia; and/or
- otherwise as required or authorised by law.
Where we do this, we take reasonable steps to ensure that those parties do not breach the Australian Privacy Principles.
Our web site may contain links to other web sites and those third party web sites may collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content ofweb sites that are linked to our web site. Tradiecore encourages users to be aware of this when they leave the Tradiecore site and to read the privacy statements of each other web site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security and storage
Tradiecore places a great importance on the security of all information associated with our customers and contractors. We have security measures in place to protect against the misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure of personal information under our control. Tradiecore retains the information you provide to us (including possibly your contact or bank account details) to enable us to provide our services to you, to assist you to provide services to your customers and to enable us to verify transactions and customer details and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes. This information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 per cent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect user's personal information, Tradiecore cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online products or services, and users do so at their own risk.
We note that you are solely responsible for keeping your passwords and/or account information secret. You should be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
Access to and correction of personal information
Tradiecore is committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant, and appropriate information about our customers and web-site users.
To obtain access or seek correction of your personal information that we hold, please contact us using the details set out below in the section titled "Contacting us". So long as your request for your personal information is in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles, then we will give you access to that information.
You may request that inaccurate information will be corrected. To ensure confidentiality, details of your personal information will be passed on to you only if we are satisfied that the information relates to you.
If we refuse to provide you with access or correct the personal information held about you by us, then we will provide reasons for such refusal.
We will investigate your complaint and attempt to resolve, within 30 days, any breach that might have occurred in relation to the collection, use or destruction of personal information held by us about you in accordance with the Commonwealth Privacy legislation. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure then you may request that an independent person (usually the Information Commissioner) investigate your complaint.
Should you wish to read more information on privacy legislation or the Australian Privacy Principles we recommend that you visit the Office of the Information Commissioner's website at www.oaic.gov.au.